Re: Geode LX CS5536 EHCI problems

Am 17.09.2010 18:53, schrieb Alan Stern:

> Clearly the problem is that the controller isn't disabling the periodic
> schedule when told.  The assumption in that patch is that the periodic
> schedule needs to be enabled for at least 1000 us before it can be
> disabled.  Maybe the Geode needs more time, or maybe something else is
> wrong.  You have to figure out what.
>
> Alan Stern

Ok, I tried different values for the delay. Starting with 2000 us up to
90000 us. With this 90 ms it seems to run, but I don't know if this is a
practical solution, because I also don't know what effects on the performance
this change has.

Can we still talk about USB 2.0 "HIGH SPEED"?

Or do we just slow down everything so extremly, that the real problem can't happen any more?

I also like to know where I can see that this has something to do with the
periodic schedule. Is it the "force halt; handshake" error? Because,
I think this is just an aftereffect to the "IAA watchdog ..." error.

With the first occurrence of the "IAA watchdog" error, my test-script stucks,
and when I then quickly kill the script, the "force halt; handshake" error
does not occur and I am able to reset everything by reloading the ehci-hcd module and
don't have to reboot the machine.

- Martin

TDT GmbH - Siemensstrasse 18 - Gewerbegebiet Altheim - 84051 Essenbach - Germany

Geschäftsführer: Elisabeth Pickhardt, Michael Pickhardt
Registergericht Landshut, HRB 1193

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received it by mistake, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorised use or dissemination of this e-mail in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. TDT GmbH shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt. TDT GmbH does not guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that this communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference.