Re: Geode LX CS5536 EHCI problems

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010, Martin Schiller wrote:

> > You can try setting the broken_periodic flag.
> Thanks for the hint.
>
> I applied the broken periodic patch from the link below to my linux-2.6.31.4 and set the broken_periodic flag in ehci-pci.c for my CS5536 EHCI controller.
>
> http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/linux-usb/2009/11/27/6255079
>
> But - unfortunately - it doesn't fixed it.
>
> Any other idea?

Clearly the problem is that the controller isn't disabling the periodic
schedule when told.  The assumption in that patch is that the periodic
schedule needs to be enabled for at least 1000 us before it can be
disabled.  Maybe the Geode needs more time, or maybe something else is
wrong.  You have to figure out what.

Alan Stern