Re: USB: free coherent buffer into atomic context

2010/9/17 Patriarche, Herve <herve.patriarche@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi,
>
> I confirmed this is due to dma_free_coherent after an xfer transfer complete.
> Do you know if this is fixed in a release after 2.6.27 ?

No, there is still the warning even for the latest 2.6.36-rc4.

I don't think the warning may be the root cause for the reset.

The warning only means dma_free_coherent is called with irq disabled.
It is not very difficult to fix the warning in usb hcd, but I need to know why
the WARN_ON below is added into dma_free_coherent.

           WARN_ON(irqs_disabled());

Anyone know the reason?

--
Lei Ming