Re: [RFC/PATCH] usb: musb: split out hw glue layer

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 11:03:05PM -0500, Ming Lei wrote:
Seems context save/restore is kind of common operation,
which may access most of the common register defined in
musb spec, so could we keep or refactor it as common
functions in musb_core to avoid duplicated implementations
in each hw glue layer?

or we can let musb-core save it's own (common only) context, then
omap2430, blackfin, etc, save their part and dma save its bits too.

Also, for other handlers, if possible, we should refactor
the common operation into musb_core and let hw gule layer
to implement its own differences only.

I don't think the implement in this patch is good since it
simply removes this functions and let all hw glue to
reimplement them again, this way may lead to much
duplicated code in each hw glue layer.

what do you mean ? Now hw glue is passing the functions pointers via
musb_hdrc_ops structure (well, not yet).

--
balbi