From: linux-usb-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:linux-usb-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Felipe Balbi
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 10:36 AM
To: Linux USB Mailing List
Cc: Greg KH; Alan Stern; David Brownell; Balbi, Felipe
Subject: [RFC/PATCH] Introduce USB Gadget Class

Hi all,

The following patch is not for merging, I just wanted to check what the rest
of the community thinks about introducing such a thing.

The idea is that it simplifies a lot of duplication scatered on the gadget
controller codes and also allows us to build all of them in one kernel image
which is good, at least for build-testing.

Later, we can use that to move the otg blocking notifier to become a gadget
atomic notifier which will tell everyone interested about what's happening
with the gadget controller. This will be useful at least for charger
detection.

So, how do you guys fell about this change ?
See that it's 100% WIP and it only compiles with musb and all gadget drivers
disabled.

This will be quite an invasive change and before I go any further, it's nice
to check what you guys think. Any comments will be welcome and considered
while I'm writing this class.

Felipe Balbi (1):
  gadget: Introduce the Gadget class

 drivers/usb/gadget/Makefile    |    1 +
 drivers/usb/gadget/gadget.c    |  247
 drivers/usb/musb/musb_gadget.c |  194 ++++++++-----------------------
 include/linux/usb/gadget.h     |   33 ++++-
 4 files changed, 324 insertions(+), 151 deletions(-)  create mode 100644
drivers/usb/gadget/gadget.c

--
1.7.3.rc0.6.g7505a