Re: EHCI periodic processing

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > > I was just concerned
> > > with keeping the amount of work down, by using
> > > the pre-sort (by period) and avoiding those
> > > (as you say) expensive NOPs).
>
> Don't you use a bit-map in Linux to keep track of the free bandwidth for the
> EHCI periodic activities?

No, we don't.  I'm not even sure how you would go about using a bitmap
for such a thing.

Currently the driver keeps track of the bandwidth allocated to each
active periodic endpoint, and when needed it adds up the values for
all the endpoints scheduled in a particular uframe.

For a while I have considered switching over to storing an array of
8-bit values (the number of available microseconds in each uframe).
This hasn't been implemented yet.

Alan Stern