RE: Windows fails to install FBSG based drive

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010, Gadiyar, Anand wrote:

> I quickly tried this with v2.6.36-rc1 on an OMAP4 board (similar MUSB
> controller as the OMAP3 that Robert is running).
>
> I see that with stall=y, I have repeated messages like this on the host,
> a little after enumeration:
> [2091018.128077] usb 1-5: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 71
>
> Assuming Robert's problem is due to the same cause, here're a couple
> of usbmon traces from my test - one with stall=n passed to g_file_storage,
> and one without.
> (I've added 2 blank lines in the stall=y log, just before I got the reset message).
>
> The corresponding dmesg logs, are at the top of the same traces.

The usbmon trace indicates that the host clears the bulk-IN endpoint
halt but then doesn't receive any more data.  This might mean that the
clear-halt code doesn't set the data toggle back to 0.  Or maybe
something else is going wrong; for example, perhaps the clear-halt
causes the device controller to forget about data that is already
queued for the bulk-IN endpoint.

Robert said that adding debugging to the gadget driver fixed the
problem.  I don't think debugging statements would affect the data
toggle.

Alan Stern