Re: EHCI periodic processing

> t it seems
> wasteful (and
> possibly flat-out wrong in the presence of frame-list
> wraparound)

ISTR comments about the dubiousness of wraparound behaviors...

> for
> interrupt transfers.  For example, if an interrupt
> endpoint has a
> period of 16 ms and there's no IRQ for 512 ms, you end up
> pointlessly
> calling qh_completions() 32 times for the same endpoint
> queue when the
> IRQ occurs.

Sounds wrong, yes.

> Wouldn't it make more sense to have scan_periodic()
> terminate its inner
> loop whenever it encounters a Q_TYPE_QH entry?  And
> then do a separate
> pass over all the interrupt QHs, much like scan_async()
> does a pass
> over all the QHs in the async ring?

Probably better to group by period not type.  Although it
should be a NOP to scan an IRQ QH that's done nothing.  No
point in skewing the timings even more, though, by adding
any type of sort-by-type.

- DaveOtherwise, I think I like what you're suggesting.

- Dave