Re: usb core limit the transfer to one page, which leads to slow transfer for usb DFU

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 7:50 AM, Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 07:46:57PM +0800, Yuping Luo wrote:

> Control endpoints are smaller usually, so that would make it a bit
> slower, right?

yes, for our usb 2.0 controller, the packet size is 64 byte, however,  each
 data exchange between  memory and device controller is bigger than 4KB.

>>   and also doubt for USB DFU specification, it's not popular as the
>> usb.  Greg, since you are one of contributors for it, what do you say?
>
> I don't understand the question.  Yes, I helped with the DFU spec oh so
> many years ago, but I primarily wrote the sample code that is in the end
> of the spec (with a nice bug that someone reminds me about once a year
> it seems.)

got it, I have found your name in the spec. dfu only use the control EP,and I
 am wondering why bulk EP not used for data transfer.

> What is the real issue you are having here?
> confused,

the usb core only allow 4KB ( 1 page  for ARM arch) for each transfer, and
I have to change it to use 16KB for higher burning speed.

many thanks.

Yuping