Re: Report descriptor fixing policy

On 08/03/2010 11:27 AM, Nikolai Kondrashov wrote:
Why all the HID drivers only do tweaking of descriptors retrieved from the
device, I mean just changing a couple of bytes? Wouldn't it be better
readable to have a whole fixed report descriptor in the code, with
comments, maybe accompanied by the original descriptor?
OK, I now have found a case when Jiri more-or-less accepted a patch with a
full descriptor in it, so I guess it is OK.

Still, this patch didn't end up in the kernel, so a firmer confirmation
would be nice to have.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Nick