Report descriptor fixing policy

Hello,

I'm attempting to add proper support for UC-Logic tablets and was wondering
if there is any policy WRT report descriptors.

Why all the HID drivers only do tweaking of descriptors retrieved from the
device, I mean just changing a couple of bytes? Wouldn't it be better
readable to have a whole fixed report descriptor in the code, with comments,
maybe accompanied by the original descriptor?

Is it an attempt to keep the binary size to a minimum? Not that these
descriptors are very big, though. Or is it an attempt to keep the source
code smaller?  Or maybe there are possible legal problems, like copyrights
on them, or reverse engineering prohibition?

I'd like to clean up some of the descriptors because they're just messy
and/or have unused inputs and I think this could improve the readability.

Sincerely,
Nick