Re: how to test USB serial device

On Tue, 3 Aug 2010, loody wrote:

> so from your suggestions I have 2 choices:
> 1. porting terminal tools, like minicom. ( I am afraid that i may need
> to cross-compile other libs and stuck on them rather than verify my
> porting.)
> 2. porting perl. ( the same concern  above)
> is there any simper way to do so?
> ( I just need send some text to my usb serial device)
> appreciate your kind help :)

The real problem with serial ports is that you have to make sure they
have the correct settings before you can use them.  The most important
setting is the baud rate.  Do you have any programs on your embedded
system that can be used to set the baud rate (such as stty)?  If not,
you'll have to write a C program to do it.

Alan Stern