Re: Why my usb mouse don't have report/physical descriptors

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 2:22 AM, loody <miloody@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear all:
> I see there are report and physical descriptrs in hid spec.
> But when I dump my HID device, a mouse, I cannot see these 2 descriptors.
> How could I see these 2 descriptors on my HID device?
> attach the content of my HID device at the end of letter.
> Appreciate your help,
> miloody
>
> Interface Descriptor:
>      bLength                 9
>      bDescriptorType         4
>      bInterfaceNumber        0
>      bAlternateSetting       0
>      bNumEndpoints           1
>      bInterfaceClass         3 Human Interface Device
>      bInterfaceSubClass      1 Boot Interface Subclass
>      bInterfaceProtocol      2 Mouse
>      iInterface              0
>      ** UNRECOGNIZED:  09 21 10 01 00 01 22 34 00
>      Endpoint Descriptor:
>        bLength                 7
>        bDescriptorType         5
>        bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
>        bmAttributes            3
>          Transfer Type            Interrupt
>          Synch Type               None
>          Usage Type               Data
>        wMaxPacketSize     0x0004  1x 4 bytes
>        bInterval              10
> Device Status:     0x0000
>  (Bus Powered)

Hi,

Your question is not very clear. I guess you want lsusb to dump the
report descriptors. It doesn't, as far as I know. It is not considered
safe to access a device via the control pipe while it is also being
controlled by a driver.

However, this is a dump of the config descriptor and this field:
** UNRECOGNIZED:  09 21 10 01 00 01 22 34 00
can be manually decoded as:
The HID descriptor always follows the interface descriptor when the
interface belongs to the HID class. After the usual first 2 bytes,
bcdHID specifies which version of the HID specification this interface
is compliant with.
bCountryCode specifies that there is no special localisation involved
with this mouse.
The last three fields specify that there is one further descriptor to
fetch associated with this class; a HID REPORT(=hex 22) descriptor,
and informs the host to expect it to be 34 hex bytes in length.

It would require a control transfer to fetch the REPORT descriptor.

Regards, Steve