Re: USB 3.0 PDK support

On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 10:44:12AM +0530, raghav r wrote:

> > What is a "PDK"?
> >

> Its  Peripheral Development Kit (PDK) from USB IF. (
> http://www.usb.org/developers/ssusb/ssusbtools/xhcipdk/ )
>
> They(USB-IF) provide Windows 7 drivers. But we plan to use it with
> Linux for development and testing.
> so i would like to know , whether they directly work with Linux xHCI.
> ( which according to you should work).

Both host controllers should work under Linux.  Please let me know if
they don't.  (I'm the xHCI driver maintainer.)

You may need to add the parameter link_quirk=1 to your modprobe or
insmod line for some of the host controllers.  I'm not sure if they're
still shipping the older/slightly buggy host I introduced the module
parameter for.

Sarah Sharp