Re: Logitech harmony: lsusb shows bNumConfigurations==0

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 11:35:30AM -0600, Stephen Warren wrote:
> Phil Dibowitz wrote:

> >> too.

> >> Do you want to write a patch adding a new quirk and the appropriate
> >> delay?
> >
> > Do we know why taking the whole routine out didn't work? Seems odd...
>
> I think it's because what the remote really needs is a delay after the
> command before the get-descriptor (I guess this must kick off some slow
> processing on the remote; perhaps the slow screen draw that shows "USB
> connected" on the LCD?), not a delay before get-descriptor; it's just that
> get-descriptor happens to (currently?) be the first command after whatever
> the delay-needing command is.
>
> A couple emails back I included the USB trace that showed whatever the
> previous command was. For a complete patch, the delay should probably be
> added to the tail of that function.
>
> I'll try and look into generating a quirk patch for this. It's been a very
> long time since I wrote a kernel patch. I'm also leaving on vacation for a
> couple weeks, but hopefully will have email/'net access, and can find some
> time.

My schedule frees up in about 3 weeks, and I can take it then, if you want.
Feel free to put something the concordance tracker and assign it to me if
you'd like me to do it. Either way is fine with me.

--
Phil Dibowitz                             phil@xxxxxxxx
Open Source software and tech docs        Insanity Palace of Metallica

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter
 and those who matter don't mind."
 - Dr. Seuss