USB Mass Storage Driver Question

Hi,
I want to write a driver to copy some of the main memory contents to a USB Drive (either a USB Flash drive or USB Hard Disk Drive). This needs to be done for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. So, I don't want to use the respective kernel based APIs or framework.

I browsed through the EHCI spec (at Intel Site) and USB Mass Stroage specs (at USB.org site). EHCI spec talks about setting up an Asychronous Schedule for bulk transfers.

- Does the communication between USB Host Controller and USB Hard/Flash Drive controller follow a standard? How do I know which standard it is? Will it be a Bulk Only transport or USB Attached SCSI protocol?

- I assume the commands (Bulk only or UASP) between USB Host Controller & Device Microcontroller will be passed from driver using a USB command wrapper. Are there any code sample available for this?

Thanks
Kumar
~