Re: A few questions about xHC and xHCI

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010, Ramya Desai wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am working on a UASP driver for a custom device. As a part of this,
> I am seeing an issue with multiple streams. When I dig into the xHCI
> sources, I saw that the xHCI software is not receiving any interrupt
> for a particular data transfer, which is submitted by the xHCI driver.
> I checked all the bits for the submitted TRBs like IOC (Interrupt On
> Complete), ISP (Interrupt on Short Packet) and Chain bit etc.
>
> However, according to the xHCI specification, after submitting the TRB
> to the xHC, it should generate Interrupt On Completion (IOC) or
> Interrupt-On-Short-Packet (ISP) or error occurred while executing a
> Transfer TRB through completion callback. But, we are not able to
> receive any information from the xHC after submitting the Transfer
> TRBs to it.
>
> Here my questions are,
> Why the xHCI sources are not receiving any interrupt?
> What are the possible reasons for this?

I know extremely little about xHCI, so this probably won't be of much
help.  However...  There's one very obvious reason why you might not
get a completion interrupt for your transfer: because the transfer
never completes!  Have you checked (with a USB bus analyzer) whether
the transfer actually took place?

Alan Stern