Re: HID Composite Device.

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 10:49 PM, Douglass, Woody
<Woodrow.Douglass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If I comment out the joystick descriptor, and just leave the mouse, it's
> recognized in windows as a "HID-compliant game controller",

Is this true? Then you have a problem. Maybe you mean as
"HID-compliant Mouse"?

Just guessing here: what if you swap the two interfaces ( Interface
0 is mouse and Interface 1 is Joystick)?

> but I don't get usb errors, or 'not recognized'. This may be a clue

Does you device list as a "USB Composite Device" under device
manager? It should have at least 5 entries under Device Manager
if you get it working (USB composite Device, HID Mouse,
HID Gamepad, and two more entries under Human Interface Device).

Check the setupapi log file as well.
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/driver/install/setupapilog.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/driver/install/diagnose.mspx

--