RE: HID Composite Device.

See attached; I detached the hid driver in linux to get this.

Everything looks OK; actually bDeviceClass was set to EFh
(miscellaneous), but changing it to 03h (HID) had no effect.
Still seems to work fine in linux, still no recognition from the windows
side.

If I comment out the joystick descriptor, and just leave the mouse, it's
recognized in windows as a "HID-compliant game controller", but I don't
get usb errors, or 'not recognized'. This may be a clue

Thanks for responding guys!

-Woody

Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this message, and any attachments, may contain proprietary and/or privileged material. It is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.
Bus 005 Device 052: ID 0525:a4ac Netchip Technology, Inc.
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               2.00
  bDeviceClass            3 Human Interface Device
  bDeviceSubClass         2
  bDeviceProtocol         1
  bMaxPacketSize0        64
  idVendor           0x0525 Netchip Technology, Inc.
  idProduct          0xa4ac
  bcdDevice            3.16
  iManufacturer           1 Linux 2.6.28-rc8-drakit with musb_hdrc
  iProduct                2 HID Gadget
  iSerial                 0
  bNumConfigurations      1
OTG Descriptor:
  bLength                 3
  bDescriptorType         9
  bmAttributes         0x03
    SRP (Session Request Protocol)
    HNP (Host Negotiation Protocol)
  Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength                 9
    bDescriptorType         2
    wTotalLength           62
    bNumInterfaces          2
    bConfigurationValue     1
    iConfiguration          0
    bmAttributes         0xe0
      Self Powered
      Remote Wakeup
    MaxPower              500mA
    Interface Descriptor:
      bLength                 9
      bDescriptorType         4
      bInterfaceNumber        0
      bAlternateSetting       0
      bNumEndpoints           1
      bInterfaceClass         3 Human Interface Device
      bInterfaceSubClass      0 No Subclass
      bInterfaceProtocol      0 None
      iInterface              3 HID Interface
        HID Device Descriptor:
          bLength                 9
          bDescriptorType        33
          bcdHID               1.01
          bCountryCode            0 Not supported
          bNumDescriptors         1
          bDescriptorType        34 Report
          wDescriptorLength      50
          Report Descriptor: (length is 50)
            Item(Global): Usage Page, data= [ 0x01 ] 1
                            Generic Desktop Controls
            Item(Local ): Usage, data= [ 0x04 ] 4
                            Joystick
            Item(Main  ): Collection, data= [ 0x01 ] 1
                            Application
            Item(Local ): Usage, data= [ 0x01 ] 1
                            Pointer
            Item(Main  ): Collection, data= [ 0x00 ] 0
                            Physical
            Item(Global): Logical Minimum, data= [ 0x81 ] 129
            Item(Global): Logical Maximum, data= [ 0x7f ] 127
            Item(Global): Report Size, data= [ 0x08 ] 8
            Item(Global): Report Count, data= [ 0x06 ] 6
            Item(Local ): Usage, data= [ 0x30 ] 48
                            Direction-X
            Item(Local ): Usage, data= [ 0x31 ] 49
                            Direction-Y
            Item(Local ): Usage, data= [ 0x32 ] 50
                            Direction-Z
            Item(Local ): Usage, data= [ 0x33 ] 51
                            Rotate-X
            Item(Local ): Usage, data= [ 0x34 ] 52
                            Rotate-Y
            Item(Local ): Usage, data= [ 0x35 ] 53
                            Rotate-Z
            Item(Main  ): Input, data= [ 0x02 ] 2
                            Data Variable Absolute No_Wrap Linear
                            Preferred_State No_Null_Position Non_Volatile Bitfield
            Item(Global): Logical Minimum, data= [ 0x00 ] 0
            Item(Global): Logical Maximum, data= [ 0x01 ] 1
            Item(Global): Report Size, data= [ 0x01 ] 1
            Item(Global): Report Count, data= [ 0x20 ] 32
            Item(Global): Usage Page, data= [ 0x09 ] 9
                            Buttons
            Item(Local ): Usage Minimum, data= [ 0x01 ] 1
                            Button 1 (Primary)
            Item(Local ): Usage Maximum, data= [ 0x20 ] 32
                            (null)
            Item(Main  ): Input, data= [ 0x02 ] 2
                            Data Variable Absolute No_Wrap Linear
                            Preferred_State No_Null_Position Non_Volatile Bitfield
            Item(Main  ): End Collection, data=none
            Item(Main  ): End Collection, data=none
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5
        bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
        bmAttributes            3
          Transfer Type            Interrupt
          Synch Type               None
          Usage Type               Data
        wMaxPacketSize     0x000a  1x 10 bytes
        bInterval               4
    Interface Descriptor:
      bLength                 9
      bDescriptorType         4
      bInterfaceNumber        1
      bAlternateSetting       0
      bNumEndpoints           1
      bInterfaceClass         3 Human Interface Device
      bInterfaceSubClass      0 No Subclass
      bInterfaceProtocol      0 None
      iInterface              3 HID Interface
        HID Device Descriptor:
          bLength                 9
          bDescriptorType        33
          bcdHID               1.01
          bCountryCode            0 Not supported
          bNumDescriptors         1
          bDescriptorType        34 Report
          wDescriptorLength      50
          Report Descriptor: (length is 50)
            Item(Global): Usage Page, data= [ 0x01 ] 1
                            Generic Desktop Controls
            Item(Local ): Usage, data= [ 0x02 ] 2
                            Mouse
            Item(Main  ): Collection, data= [ 0x01 ] 1
                            Application
            Item(Local ): Usage, data= [ 0x01 ] 1
                            Pointer
            Item(Main  ): Collection, data= [ 0x00 ] 0
                            Physical
            Item(Global): Usage Page, data= [ 0x09 ] 9
                            Buttons
            Item(Local ): Usage Minimum, data= [ 0x01 ] 1
                            Button 1 (Primary)
            Item(Local ): Usage Maximum, data= [ 0x03 ] 3
                            Button 3 (Tertiary)
            Item(Global): Logical Minimum, data= [ 0x00 ] 0
            Item(Global): Logical Maximum, data= [ 0x01 ] 1
            Item(Global): Report Count, data= [ 0x03 ] 3
            Item(Global): Report Size, data= [ 0x01 ] 1
            Item(Main  ): Input, data= [ 0x02 ] 2
                            Data Variable Absolute No_Wrap Linear
                            Preferred_State No_Null_Position Non_Volatile Bitfield
            Item(Global): Report Count, data= [ 0x01 ] 1
            Item(Global): Report Size, data= [ 0x05 ] 5
            Item(Main  ): Input, data= [ 0x03 ] 3
                            Constant Variable Absolute No_Wrap Linear
                            Preferred_State No_Null_Position Non_Volatile Bitfield
            Item(Global): Usage Page, data= [ 0x01 ] 1
                            Generic Desktop Controls
            Item(Local ): Usage, data= [ 0x30 ] 48
                            Direction-X
            Item(Local ): Usage, data= [ 0x31 ] 49
                            Direction-Y
            Item(Global): Logical Minimum, data= [ 0x81 ] 129
            Item(Global): Logical Maximum, data= [ 0x7f ] 127
            Item(Global): Report Size, data= [ 0x08 ] 8
            Item(Global): Report Count, data= [ 0x02 ] 2
            Item(Main  ): Input, data= [ 0x06 ] 6
                            Data Variable Relative No_Wrap Linear
                            Preferred_State No_Null_Position Non_Volatile Bitfield
            Item(Main  ): End Collection, data=none
            Item(Main  ): End Collection, data=none
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5
        bEndpointAddress     0x82  EP 2 IN
        bmAttributes            3
          Transfer Type            Interrupt
          Synch Type               None
          Usage Type               Data
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0003  1x 3 bytes
        bInterval               4
Device Qualifier (for other device speed):
  bLength                10
  bDescriptorType         6
  bcdUSB               2.00
  bDeviceClass            3 Human Interface Device
  bDeviceSubClass         2
  bDeviceProtocol         1
  bMaxPacketSize0        64
  bNumConfigurations      1