how to use usb_port_suspend

Hi all,

I was trying to understand power management in USB and found that the
usb_port_suspend() and usb_port_resume() functions are not being used
by any drivers apart from a generic driver. These functions will do
suspend and resume on the device. My doubt is why these functions are
not exported. If anyone wants to develop a driver and wishes to use
these functions then it won't be possible. Why is this limitation?

The usb device drivers that implement suspend and resume functions
just kill outstanding urbs and exit. So when is the device actually
suspended.

-- Mohan