Re: full data usb captures with usbmon?

On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 03:46:18PM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> usbmon is.
>
> Please read the documentation for how to use the binary interface in the
> file at Documentation/usb/usbmon.txt

Oops, thanks.  I guess I was expecting that there would be tools already
available for this, instead of cobbling together my own code.

Can I be sure that the usbmon binary buffers will not drop usb packets
no matter how busy my system is?  I don't want it to be like the dmesg
buffer where usbfs_snoop output went.

Side question: It is odd to me that such effort has gone into limiting
the size of the usbmon text output... even to the extent that an entire
binary API was created.  What is wrong with making the 32 byte size
configurable?  I'm sure I'm not understanding something here.

Thanks,
- Chris