Re: USB2.0 - low-speed USB audio interface?

Greg KH wrote:
On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 05:35:15PM +0100, R.M. Thomas wrote:
My present plan is to upload the final version 0.8 of the driver to
Sourceforge no later than fifteen days from now, i.e. on or before 6
June.  If you are willing to wait until then, version 0.8 is the one
that I would like to see as the candidate for inclusion in
drivers/staging/.  It's a lot easier for me to draw a line under the
out-of-tree development at a completed version 0.8 than to apply
substantial patches to a reformatted in-tree version 0.7.1.  On the
other hand, version 0.7.1 is a solid road-tested release and you may
prefer to adopt this version as a basis for in-tree development.  If
so, I have no objection.

Sure, I can wait, I'm not going anywhere :)

Feel free to send the patch along, or just a pointer to where I can
download the code, when you want me to pick it up.

The uncompressed source code is about 330 kB, so I guess a tarball is more convenient than a patch. When I've uploaded the final version 0.8 to the Sourceforge site I'll let you know and provide a link to the right file. I'm still working to a deadline of 6 June.

I gratefully accept your offer to do the reformatting for me.
Although I regard it as my responsibility to clean up the code, it's
probably a lot more efficient overall if this is done by somebody
who already knows what's required.

We have a tool that will point this all out for you.  Try running the
script in scripts/checkpatch.pl on your driver files (use the --file
option).  It will tell you what you need to fix up for the basic coding
style issues.

thanks,

greg k-h

I've just tried out scripts/checkpatch.pl and it works fine. I'll do the reformatting myself so that the source code you get is in respectable shape.

Mike Thomas