Re: Re: [USB-Storage Problem]:[USB3.0] The "urb->complete( )" can't be recalled after usb_submit_urb( )?

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 11:04:57AM +0800, darian wrote:
> > Did you grab the master branch, or another branch?  (Also, please CC me
> > if you're asking questions about the xHCI driver, otherwise it gets a
> > little lost in my mail filter rules.)
>
> I used the following command:
> git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sarah/xhci.git
>

> > >   Now, the device can get the "INQUIRY" command. But during the data
> stage,
> > > the uasp driver submit the urb by "usb_fill_bulk_urb" and "usb_submit_urb"
> > > after evaluating, it return the valid return value.
> >
> > Did it set urb->stream_id after calling usb_fill_bulk_urb()?  That
> > function won't set the stream ID for you.
> >

>   Yes, I verified the stream_id before prepare_transfer. It is valid.
>
> > It looks like your device didn't respond to the device descriptor
> > requests and doesn't advertise an alternate setting 0.  That could lead
> > to some issues.  What device is this?  Has it passed PIL certification,
> > or is it a prototype?
> > That's a pretty busted looking device.
>
>   It is a card reader device which has passed "PIL" certification. And we are
> on the further debugging. :)

It shouldn't have passed the certification tests if it doesn't have
alternate setting 0 for the configuration.  Can you send me the lsusb
output for the device?

>   The attachment is the new debug message. It seems to load the default usb-storage
> 2.0 driver.
>   But when I rmmod the default usb-storage driver and insmod the uasp-storage
> driver for USB3.0 device. The probe function seems can not be recalled, which
> can be recalled before.

If the UAS alternate setting is alternate setting 1 instead of alternate
setting 0, you'll need to manually bind the driver to the device.  Can
you point me to the source code for this uasp-storage driver?  I'd like
to see what it's doing (and whether it can handle alternate interfaces
for UAS).

Sarah Sharp