Re: g_serial and cdc_acm communications

--- On Thu, 5/13/10, Rob Duncan <Robert.Duncan@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Rob Duncan <Robert.Duncan@xxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: g_serial and cdc_acm communications
> To: "Ron Madrid" <ron_madrid@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Cc: "Oliver Neukum" <oliver@xxxxxxxxxx>, "linux-usb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <linux-usb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Thursday, May 13, 2010, 11:49 AM
>
> On May 13, 2010, at 10:11 AM, Ron Madrid wrote:
>
> > This is the last (failing) transfer that occurs.
> The third
> > line is my app receiving information about the data it
> should
> > expect, and the size of the transfer in dwords, 0x7d0
> (8000
> > bytes).  I then see, in subsequent lines, 7 *
> 1024 bytes
> > received (Bi) followed by 832 bytes received which
> totals up
> > to 8000 bytes.
>
> I suspect it's because that host controller is waiting for
> the end of
> the transfer.  832 bytes is an exact multiple of
> 64-bytes, which means
> that the the HC is waiting for a short packet, or up to
> your transfer
> size, which appears to be 1024.

I'm read()ing 8000 bytes.  I just tried read()ing 8004 bytes
and I saw a similar failure.  Also, this 8000/8004 byte read()
is in a 10000 iteration loop and is successful a seemingly
arbitrary number of times (a few dozen to a few hundred)
before failing.  I had read about a zpl problem before, but
this doesn't seem to be the case unless I'm missing something.

Ron