Re: squeezing more transfers into one uframe

Hi,

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 10:20:54AM -0400, Alan Stern wrote:
> > I'm trying to optimize the MUSB driver as much as I can and I believe I
> > got to its limit. Currently I'm getting:

just noticed I forgot to put what I was getting. It was 30.42 MB/sec

> The host controller driver and hardware.

I came to my attention that intel's EHCI can only do 8 bulk out
transactions per uframe and 11 bulk IN transactions per uframe. Do you
know about that ? Have you heard it ? Could someone from Intel answer
too ??

> That should allow you to achieve the maximum possible speed of the
> driver and hardware.

later I tested on a MacBook Pro which, aparently, has an NVidia chipset
and I could get 11 bulk out transactions per uframe and that summed up
to 35.48 MB/s. The only I could do to improve that is increase libusb 16KB
limitation to e.g. 64KB and see if that helps. Other than that, I think
I'm pretty much reaching the hardware limitation.

--
balbi