Re: System crashes when usb_free_streams API used

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 03:37:28PM +0530, Ramya Desai wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 5:14 AM, Sarah Sharp
> <sarah.a.sharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Ramya,
> >
> > Can you try this patch?  It's also on the xhci-streams branch (which
> > should become obsolete soon, since Greg KH queued the streams patches
> > and the streams patches are now on the master branch).  Please let me
> > know if this fixes the crash you saw.
>
> Dear Sarah,
>
> Thank you very much. After applying this (below) patch, my driver is
> working fine without any system crash.

Great!  I'll send a patch to Greg then.

> By the way, I did not find any kernel version which includes your
> stream patches at http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/ I did
> not find them in 2.6.33.3 kernel version, which is the latest at
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/. Please let me know the
> master kernel version that includes your stream patches.

Greg KH uses a quilt tree at git.kernel.org:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/gregkh-2.6/patches/

He's queued the streams patches for 2.6.35, and will send them to Linus
when the merge window opens.  Until they're in 2.6.35, you can use my
"master" branch, which contains all the xHCI patches Greg has queued.

Sarah Sharp