Re: PL2303 / PL2303X not working

Greg KH ha scritto:
On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 08:24:06PM +0200, Andrea Cometa wrote:
Greg KH ha scritto:
On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 07:27:00PM +0200, Andrea Cometa wrote:
[...]
Great, now what happens when you open the connection and try to send
data through it?  Can you provide the kernel debug log for when tha
happens?

about flow control, i've tried it on and also off, but nothing happens
this kind of devices (i've bought two different brands) seem to be deaf!
:(
Ok, thanks for checking about flow control, but I don't see any
userspace open happening in the kernel log yet.

thanks,

greg k-h

here the kern.log when i send data trough ttyUSB0

I see data going to the device, one byte at a time, so perhaps something
is wrong on the hardware side?

I really don't know what else to suggest, sorry.

good luck,

greg k-h

The same thing happens with different brands of Prolific devices!
I have now ordered a FTDI device to see if anything changes! (hope)

thanks