Re: HCD sg_tablesize

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 08:32:09PM +0530, Ramya Desai wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 3:03 AM, Sarah Sharp
> <sarah.a.sharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear Sarah,
>
> Thanks for the information.
>
> > Can you try adding "pcie_aspm=off" to your boot parameters?  When grub
> > first appears, you can edit the boot line and add that parameter to the
> > end.
>
> I tested the NEC host controller as suggested. But there is no
> difference and I saw the HW died in the log messages. However, we
> ordered another NEC host PCIe add-on-card and received today. I tested
> the just received NEC host and it is working fine for large data
> transfers from host to device. The device also works fine when I set
> max_sectors to 960.

Ok, so it looks like it was a flaky host controller.  I still wonder why
the hardware misbehaves under Linux and not Windows.

> However, when I test the just received PCIe add-on-card with my UASP
> driver for queue depth 2, then it fails. The IN transfers are working
> fine but OUT transfers failed when queue depth is 2. There is no
> response from the host controller after some writes. When I looked
> into the kernel log messages I found the xHCI driver submitted the
> data to the host controller, but host controller does not generates
> the interrupt at all for that data transfer.

Did the ring wrap again?  Can you send me the end of the log file
(beginning at the transfer that did not get completed), compressed in a
tar or zip file?

Thanks,
Sarah Sharp