USB multi gadget

Hi all,

I'm working on an embedded system that uses an NXP LPC-3131 (arm) processor.  I would like to use the combined serial and ethernet (either multi or CDC) gadget driver so that the host can communicate with either protocol.  The problem that I'm having is that the ARM has an embedded OTG controller, with only 8 hardware endpoints (4 in and 4 out). Each of the ethernet and serial gadgets need two ins and one out, and the system needs in ep0, so I'm short of input endpoints.

My question is this:  Is it possible to use a common notify endpoint for both interfaces? meaning can I effectively multiplex the notify for both functions?  Or would there need to be some coordination by the host driver(s) on the other end as well?  I realize that there would be a significant amount of development to do to implement this.  I do not have a problem doing the work, but I would rather not spend the time if it won't work.

thanks,
-Eric
--
Eric L. Hernes--