RE: USB on omap2430

Felipe Balbi wrote:

> > >ok, cool. When you get that done, please send a cleaned up
> > >diff with your signed-off-by line so it can be integrated.
> >
> > I continued debugging further. It fails during USB initialisation.
> > More specifically, in omap_otg_init() function in arch/arm/plat-omap/usb.c
> > It gives a crash dump on the first line itself
> > syscon = omap_readl(OTG_SYSCON_1) & 0xffff;
>
> without the crash itself, it's pretty difficult to help. It could even
> be just a missing clk_enable(). Although I believe that code shouldn't
> be running for 2430, only for 2420.
>
> Can you try the patch below:
>
> > Apart from that, can I submit the 3 patches that we discussed earlier ?
> >
> (http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-omap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg25932.html)
> > These will not make FS USB functional on OMAP2430 but these changes are anyway necessary.
>
> clean those patches first. And I'd like someone else with the 2430sdp
> board to test it before I add my SOB.

I dug up a 2430 board (VG5.0.1 - a later version than Viral's) , but
these patches don't work for me.

I also found the board schematics. Looks like there are different
versions of the 2430 SDP, each with different layouts and components
for the USBtransceivers. I believe there's no one-size fits all.

I think the best bet is to go with Viral's patch series, as long as they
work for him - don't think anyone else is using the 2430SDP these days.

We can fix up as and when required.

- Anand