RE: USB on omap2430

Viral Mehta wrote:

> I am working on OMAP2430 and for me with linux2.6.33, USB is
> simply not working. Board is not even able to boot if I just
> enable Host Support.

Maybe someone on the linux-omap list would be able to help with
this - so adding linux-omap to the cc.

Are you using the 2430SDP or some other board? I don't think
anyone has tried booting one of those with mainline kernels
in a long time. Does the default config for your board work?

Maybe we can help get this working. Can you enable CONFIG_DEBUG_LL
and CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK in your build, then add "earlyprintk" to
your bootargs?

If there is a crash during boot-up, this will let us know.

Also, do you know which transceiver you have on the board?
(TWL4030 or ISP1504 or something else?)

> I am seeing some patches for OMAP2430 USB support since few days.
> Anyone really tested USB on OMAP2430 hardware? Or any idea
> whether it will work with head of linus tree or anything like that ?

I posted one such patch - to remove some pin muxing code that
was under a CONFIG_ARCH_OMAP2430 macro - this code should not
be in a generic driver. I did not test on an actual 2430 board
because I don't have one.

- Anand