Re: usb/gadget: file_storage booting flexible mode page

Alan Stern wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Mar 2010, Miika Keskinen wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm toying with net2272 and g_file_storage. My Intention is to boot a
>> x86 machine from file_storage gadget. Some machines do boot fine and
>> other won't (they do boot from an usb-stick anyways and if booted up,
>> the file_storage does function just fine). Usb_msc_boot_1.0.pdf section
>> 4.1.1 (flexible disk mode page) does state that:
>>
>> --
>> Support for the Flexible Disk Mode Page is required for all devices with
>> a Peripheral Device Type other
>> than 05h. The FDMP provides the geometry that is necessary for
>> translating a CHS address to a SCSI
>> standard logical block address.
>> --
>>
>> I haven't have time yet to implement that into a file_storage and see if
>> it makes a difference, but I'm asking if any of you have had similar
>> problems and/or have some ideas what might be wrong?
>>

> You can get more information about what's going wrong if you enable
> verbose debugging in file_storage.c (uncomment the #define near the
> start of the file).  Then you'll be able to see if the gadget receives
> a MODE SENSE command for that page.

Thanks

I was using older version of the file_storage.c where 'generic'
cmnd_size <= fsg->cmnd_size 'workaround' wasn't implemented. It turned
out that most of the bioses use fsg->cmnd_size==12 for every SC_*.
problem solved :)

--
Miika Keskinen