Re: [ANN] HID report descriptor library and tool

Sarah Sharp wrote:
Can you make a plain text output, like what `lsusb -v` produces?
XML gives me the heebie jeebies.
Yeah, sure. Do you need precisely the lsusb output? I have the specification
example output in the plan. Like this one:

Usage Page (Generic Desktop),
Usage (Mouse),
Collection (Application),
   Usage (Pointer),
   Collection (Physical),
      Report Count (3),
      Report Size (1),
      Usage Page (Buttons),
      Usage Minimum (1),
      Usage Maximum (3),
      Logical Minimum (0),
      Logical Maximum (1),
      Input (Data, Variable, Absolute),
   End Collection,
End Collection

However, I'm not sure if it will be possible to convert such format back,
maybe with some corrections. XML was chosen because it is easy to convert
back and forth (parser is ready and it has a validator) and that's the main
purpose of the utility.

Does anybody else need the text output more than the XML output?

Sincerely,
Nick