Re: NEC720101_2.6.22.9_memory_leak

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010, nogradi wrote:

> I made the test You suggested.(Booting with init=/bin/bash)
> The script insmod/rmmod 100 times the ohci_hcd, and the
> SUnreclaim grows from 712KB to 792kB.
> (Slab grows from 1072kB to 1604kB).

Do the values grow steadily, by about the same amount each time through
the loop?

Were there any USB devices plugged in to an OHCI controller when you
ran the test?

Have you tried doing the same test on a regular PC using a more recent
version of the kernel?

> All other modules seems to be OK (after 100 times of
> running the script)
> (usblp.ko, sierra, option, usb-storage, scsi-mod, sd-mod)

What do you mean by "OK"?  Don't the values change as you run the test?

Alan Stern