Re: Maximum data size in a single transfer for MS driver

On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 18:20 +0530, Ramya Desai wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 7:56 PM, James Bottomley
> <James.Bottomley@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Before we get into that, what architecture is this?  There are a few,
> > like arm that don't have architecture support for chaining, so they can
> > never go over 128 segments.
>
> I am using the desktop PC to access my device. i.e, Intel processor
> with x86 architecture.

OK, so now see what max_hw_sectors_kb says ... if it's still 512 and
you're sure you've got sg_tablesize set to something higher, there's
likely something in the USB stack resetting it ... I suppose it's
possible there's something else in your kernel doing that for the
architecture, but you could rule that out by looking at
max_hw_sectors_kb for either a SCSI or libata device and verifying it's
much higher than 512.

James