Re: Problems and Error Logs with Option and Huawei 3G Modem

Am Mittwoch, 3. Februar 2010 19:51:40 schrieb Patrick Klaus:
> Hello Oliver,
> >
> > The logs look like as if everything were working. How exactly
> > does the system crash? Hard lockup?
> >

> First the display is going black, then after 3-5 seconds the systems
> shuts down (power off) or is resetting (Bios screen appears). I don't
> find anything in the logs after the next boot. This might be because of
> the hard and fast crash (no sync to the disk).

This may be the classical triple fault response.

> This has always happend in the past when 3G-Modem is activated with the
> switch at the laptop (this is a switch like a WLAN kill switch) and
> loaded option modul. My first opinion was, that this has to do with the
> error logs from the option module but we now together found out that
> this logs comes from autosuspend mode and has nothing to do with the
> crashes.

The entries in your log come from autosuspend, but they don't indicate
errors in the strict sense. They mean that communication with the device
stops because it is being autosuspended.

The only indication we have that autosuspend is to blame is your report
that compiling without CONFIG_PM makes the problem go away.

> What about this messages in dmesg, are this only warnings or maybe the
> cause of some problems?

I don't know. Please report this to the iommu maintainer.

Did you do further tests with CONFIG_PM=n?

	Regards
		Oliver