Re: composition switch design

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 10:00:16AM -0500, Alan Stern wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jan 2010, Felipe Balbi wrote:
>
> > Anyways, would be nice to have some generic way implemented in
> > composite.c to try out the next configuration if we didn't choose any
> > and got a bus suspend.
>
> Perhaps, but it's also a little dangerous.  If the host had some reason
> for not choosing a configuration, you could get into an endless loop.

not really. After you have tried all possible configurations you give up
on trying.

The thing is that currently we can't have the linux USB Composite
Framework certified as is and we always have to put some patches on top
when we reach the certification time.

We could have this windows hack compiled out unless you set some
CONFIG_USB_GADGET_INTEROPERABILITY_HACK or something like that.

Dave, do you have any comments on this ? It would be really nice to get
the linux's composite framework certified without any big patches on
top.

If anyone has any good ideas on how to do this, I'm really open for
comments. Having try-and-error approach would also work for Sai (I
guess), if windows doesn't enumerate, configuration one,
usb_gadget_disconnect(), switch_configuration(), usb_gadget_connect().

Sai ? how do you feel about doing it automatically without user's
interaction ?

--
balbi