RE: Controlling a USB port

	Maybe I should try a different tack on this...  The desire to
control the power on USB ports doesn't seem to me to be all that esoteric a
request.  That all the code I have come across is 3 to 5 years old seems a
bit puzzling, at least given that I seem to be having some trouble getting
it to work and the facts there are hundreds of queries on the web concerning
just the problems I seem to be having, but precious few evident solutions.
Is there a more contemporary approach to this that would avoid the problems
I have encountered?