Re: [syzbot] [usb-storage?] divide error in isd200_ata_command

On Thu, Feb 29, 2024 at 5:12 PM Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 29, 2024 at 04:40:05PM +0100, Aleksandr Nogikh wrote:

> > > Thanks for the advice.  Are you a good person to complain to about the
> > > difference between what syzbot provides and what it will accept?  This
> > > bug report states
> > >
> > > HEAD commit:    f2e367d6ad3b Merge tag 'for-6.8/dm-fix-3' of git://git.ker..
> > > git tree:       upstream
> > >
> > > But if I specify "upstream" as the git tree on a syz test request, it
> > > doesn't accept it.  Now you're suggesting that if I put f2e367d6ad3b as
> > > the commit ID, it won't accept it.
> > >
> > > There's probably already a bugfix request for this, but I'd like to push
> > > on it some more.  Syzbot's output should be acceptable as its input!
> >
> > That all totally makes sense. Thanks for highlighting the problems!
> >
> > For accepting "upstream" (and alike) as input, there was already a github issue:
> > https://github.com/google/syzkaller/issues/2265
> > That syzbot is not able to fetch commits by their short hashes was
> > only discovered yesterday.
> >
> > I've just sent PRs with fixes for both issues.
> >
> > If there's anything else that can make syzbot reports better, please
> > let me know :)
>
> That's great news!  Thanks a lot.
>
> How will we know when the fixes have been accepted and we can use them?

The features will become available several hours after these PRs are
approved and merged:
https://github.com/google/syzkaller/pull/4538
https://github.com/google/syzkaller/pull/4539

I think Tuesday or Wednesday next week are reasonable estimates :)

--
Aleksandr