Re: kernel NULL pointer dereference on hotplug

On 07.02.24 07:13, Linux regression tracking (Thorsten Leemhuis) wrote:

> On 04.02.24 07:40, Mika Westerberg wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 02, 2024 at 05:47:01PM +0100, Olliver Schinagl wrote:
>>>
>>> I noticed this nasty kernel NULL pointer dereference yesterday on
>>> 6.7.2-arch1-1 (haven't done this in a while) but also today, after updating
>>> to 6.7.3-arch1-1 it's still there, so dumping the panic here. Hopefully
>>> it'll be resolved by 6.7.4-arch1-1.
>>
>> Thanks for the report.
>>
>>> The thunderbolt gbit adapter always worked in the past, so this seems like a
>>> regression. Anyway, here's the log.

FWIW, Leon Weiß (BCCed) just posted another NULL pointer deference issue
in 6.7 and found the culprit; for details see:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/38c253ea42072cc825dc969ac4e6b9b600371cc8.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

Sadly Leon's report lacks a backtrace we had in this thread (
https://lore.kernel.org/all/c24c7882-6254-4e68-8f22-f3e8f65dc84f@xxxxxxxxxxx/
), so it might be something totally different. Leon's problem afaics
also happens on unplug while this one on hotplug. But well, I thought I
better quickly mention it here anyway so everyone is aware of it.

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
If I did something stupid, please tell me, as explained on that page.