Re: kernel NULL pointer dereference on hotplug

[CCing the regression list, as it should be in the loop for regressions:
https://docs.kernel.org/admin-guide/reporting-regressions.html]

On 04.02.24 07:40, Mika Westerberg wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 02, 2024 at 05:47:01PM +0100, Olliver Schinagl wrote:
>>
>> I noticed this nasty kernel NULL pointer dereference yesterday on
>> 6.7.2-arch1-1 (haven't done this in a while) but also today, after updating
>> to 6.7.3-arch1-1 it's still there, so dumping the panic here. Hopefully
>> it'll be resolved by 6.7.4-arch1-1.
>
> Thanks for the report.
>
>> The thunderbolt gbit adapter always worked in the past, so this seems like a
>> regression. Anyway, here's the log.
>
> Can you try to bisect this, preferably using the mainline kernel? Let me
> know if you need instructions how to do this.

Olliver, did you try a bisection?

BTW, I'm working on a document for the Linux kernel sources that
explains a Linux kernel bisection. Might be helpful:

https://www.leemhuis.info/files/misc/How%20to%20bisect%20a%20Linux%20kernel%20regression%20%e2%80%94%20The%20Linux%20Kernel%20documentation.html

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
If I did something stupid, please tell me, as explained on that page.