Re: USB : qcserial driver HP un2420 Qualcomm Module

On Tue, Dec 08, 2009 at 06:35:46PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> > I am not really bound to this, but I just did play with it. From within
> > oFono we would be even capable in running the modem via libusb, but with
> > ModemManager you are a bit more limited and tight to a TTY.
>
> You'd perhaps want to present it as a network interface for the network
> side of stuff in that mode ?

Once the firmware has been loaded, the device provides multiple
endpoints. One of those works as a serial UART, one is a debug port of
some description, one is another serial UART for GPS information (though
I haven't figured out how to turn that on yet) and the last is a custom
and undocumented CDC interface. If we knew how to drive the hardware
properly, a kernel driver would be the obvious implementation.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx