Re: USB : qcserial driver HP un2420 Qualcomm Module

Hi Matthew,

> > are you open to have gobi_loader using libusb directly and not having
> > qcserial claim the QDL interface? I have been testing around with this
> > for a while since I do have one of these Gobi2 (or whatever they call
> > it) cards where even the alternate setting for QDL is totally different.
>
> It would certainly be an option, but it seems less flexible. What's the
> harm in the kernel providing the interface?

personally I think it is more flexible since you trigger this from udev
and you can easy change or update it. I dislike the use of the TTY here,
because it is not even a TTY at all. It is just two bulk endpoints.

It would certainly make the modem detection a lot simpler. Currently
that still has to check if the TTY is in QDL mode or not. With the modem
only being present when qcserial driver is used would be a lot easy to
detect.

My other reason to look into this was how to trigger switching the
firmware from GSM to CDMA without reboot the machine or powering the
card down.

I am not really bound to this, but I just did play with it. From within
oFono we would be even capable in running the modem via libusb, but with
ModemManager you are a bit more limited and tight to a TTY.

Regards

Marcel