Re: Booting from g_file_storage in cdrom mode

On Fri, 4 Dec 2009, Andreas Kemnade wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone is able to boot from an iso image provied by
> g_file_storage. I get that far that I can select the device as a boot
> option. But I never get any further. At best the BIOS tries some
> time to boot from it but than it falls back to the next boot device.
>
> I tried that with my freerunner.  Is it a known problem that BIOS
> does not like g_file_storage cdroms or is it something special to
> the freerunner?
> With stall=0 I have no problems accessing g_file_storage. Booting
> from g_file_storage with cdrom=0 and stall=0 works as well as booting
> from usb sticks.

I have never tried booting from a g_file_storage cdrom image.  In
theory there shouldn't be any problem, but it may be that some command
is needed which isn't supported.

You can find out what's going wrong by enabling the DUMP_MSGS symbol in
file_storage.c.

Alan Stern