Re: slow performance on copying to usb drive?

On Thu, 03 Dec 2009 03:09:45 +0330, Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Dec 03, 2009 at 01:52:36AM +0330, Roozbeh Gholiza wrote:

I've recently have this issue that moving files takes a lots of time, at
first it starts with decent speed (3MB/S) then it gradually decreses into
100/200KB/S. My usb flashdisk is 4gb formatted in fat32.
It seems to me it is related to kernel.Anyway here is my info :

Do you have the "sync" option for fat32 enabled?  If so, that will cause
this to happen.  Several distros enabled this a while ago to ensure you
would get the data written out quicker.

I guess it is turned off.At least i turned it off with every solution posted in internet, such as creating mount policy, unmounting and remounting with mount async option, also used 3 different versions of kernel and all seems to suffer from this.

Besides, enabling sync option and having slow performance, couldnt this also considered as a bug?

Thanks