Re: isd200 issues for quite some time?

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 09:20:13AM -0800, Jason Byrne wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 8:28 AM, Matthew Dharm
> <mdharm-usb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> You should collect a pair of usbmon traces, one from a working kernel
> >> and one from a recent non-working kernel.  See
> >> Documentation/usb/usbmon.txt for instructions.
> >
> > It looks like the working version doesn't use high-speed, only full speed.
> > Try rmmod'ing ehci_hcd on the newer kernel and then attaching the device.
>
> It does work if I rmmod ehci_hcd and attach the device, but using usb
> 1.1 for this device would be a huge step backward. Historically, there
> was a usb 1.1 version of this particular cradle that may also use an
> isd driver, but I've used this particular cradle for years with usb
> 2.0/high speed.

It may be a huge step backwards, but it is also a significant datapoint for
debugging.

Specifically, the usb-storage driver does not have any codepaths which
differentiate between full-speed and high-speed devices.  This makes it
likely that this is an EHCI-related issue.

Matt

--
Matthew Dharm                              Home: mdharm-usb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

P:  Nine more messages in admin.policy.