Re: DaVinci MUSB controller with CPPI DMA

Greg KH wrote:
On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 11:06:54AM +0530, vkm wrote:
Hi,

I am doing development for some Audio USB device on TI's DaVinci DVM 6446 board. I am using MVL 2.6.10_mvl401 kernel.

That is so many years old it is sad.
Yeah, I know but user-requirements, use-cases and blah drives our work. It is like there are cameras which are already running 2.6.10 kernel since years and we dont want to make any *major* changes (like changing kernel, its like being little pessimist) and also wants to support additional usb devices (in this case usb audio) using usb hotpluggable feature.
Being it USB Audio device, it does ISO transfer and this apparently doesnt work if I have CPPI DMA enabled.

I know there have been lots of work happened post 2.6.10 kernel and there are certainly many bugs when you enable CPPI DMA. I just would like to know if someone tried to *backport* all recent fixes to 2.6.10.

Yes, that would be the 2.6.31 kernel release :)
That is what I have already started
Seriously, if you are stuck with such an old kernel release, please
contact the provider of that kernel to give you support, there is
nothing that the community can do about it.
So as a matter of fact, my question was mainly to MV and TI people on this list.
Since as long as I know supporting MV 2.6.10 has stopped.

But, thanks anyway.
good luck,

greg k-h

Email Scanned for Virus & Dangerous Content by : www.CleanMailGateway.com