Re: usb_kill_urb deadlock with multiple hubs in series (2.6.29)

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009, Alan Stern wrote:

> > They are, and they all pretend to be self-powered, but it shouldn't
> > cause a deadlock situation. I couldn't resolve it even by unplugging
> > all devices from that host controller.
>
> Tracking down the deadlock will require more information.  A kernel log
> with CONFIG_USB_DEBUG certainly, and a usbmon trace if you can get it.

Sorry, I forgot that you had included a detailed log in the original
bug description.  It shows that khubd is waiting for a spinlock.  Most
likely some other process is holding that lock but isn't included in
your listing.  ksuspend_usbd is a potential suspect, along with
anything else accessing a USB device.

Also, why was lsusb running at the time of the deadlock?

Alan Stern