Re: [rfc/rft/patch 02/19] usb: musb: reorganizing code

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 02:37:32PM +0100, ext Sergei Shtylyov wrote:
the idea of having that parameter always there is that even though you
build musb without dma, you can still enable it by passing a module
parameter.

   But do you now build the DMA drivers regardless of CONFIG_MUSB_PIO_ONLY.

yes.

We wanted to get rid of the ifdeferry.

   That would be nice, yes. I just don't get how this particular change
will help to get rid of the driver specific #ifdef'ery (if you meant it).

use_dma parameter is later saved inside musb->use_dma. And only based on that we allocate channels, configure dma, etc etc. So no other piece of code uses CONFIG_MUSB_PIO_ONLY.

--
balbi