RE: [rfc/rft/patch v2 07/19] usb: musb: gadget: avoid allocating several dma channels

Felipe Balbi wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 02:18:20PM +0100, ext Gadiyar, Anand wrote:
> >I don't think this is a good idea - other OMAP chips including
> >the recently introduced OMAP3630 and OMAP4 do not have this bug
> >and would be unnecessarily hampered.
> >
> >Additionally, the issue on 3430 is limited to channels enabled
> >in both directions at the same time. There is no restriction
> >on multiple channels enabled in the same direction.
> >
> >There's a workaround based on this fact that Ajay and I developed.
> >I'd like to post that instead.
>
> The one that uses system dma ?? I didn't quite liked those.

No, system DMA was when we did not know about the simultaneous TX-TX/RX-RX case.

Now, all we need to do is to not use DMA for particular transfers if a DMA
is ongoing in the other direction.

> What we can do is check for cpu_is_omap3430() || cpu_is_omap2430()
> and only apply the workaround for that.

Which is why I posted the "Save IP revision" patch you just acked.
We can just use that instead :)

- Anand